Friday, May 26, 2006

Green Day

Driving to work this morning, all the traffic signals on my route were green!  It was amazing.  My drive was reduced from 25 to 20 minutes, and my poor little transmission didn't have to shift in and out of second gear very much.  It really doesn't seem to like that part, so it was nice to have the car in 4th gear the whole way.  But the green-ness of the lights was so surprising in part because it wasn't even a close race - I wasn't speeding to catch the yellow light before it turned red.  I wasn't even speeding to catch the green before it turned yellow.  (Well, yeah that's true, except on the last signal.  By then I had fully realized that this drive had been different from all the others and I didn't want to wreck it.)  It was just green for me the whole way.  I've been driving that route since I started with this company in November 2002 and this is the first time I've even come close to a green day like today.

I think this is going to be a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that's really ever happened to me on my route to work, except very late at night. Although, I could be mistaken. I'm not sure I would really notice, as I only have 3 lights to contend with.

    ReplyDelete